What surprises will follow my imperfect action?

Four books were packed in the box; each one was on the topic of writing.  Those books were going on a road trip with me.  My imperfect plan was to read about writing, participate in the blog challenge, and commit to corralling my scattered thoughts about integrating life with work.  The activities were to happen against the backdrop of the Okanagan valley and be punctuated by fun stuff.

My vacation reading 2016
I have been integrating my work and life for a while.  It has been like weaving a complicated braid.  Pulling strands of this and that, I have tried to create a life where I no longer felt I needed to take a vacation from my work.  One knot has held me up.  I have been happy to blog in this venue about Life by the Swake but I have consistently gotten stuck trying to write for my business blog.

The business writing had to be right before it could be paraded for the world to see.  I'm not sure if it was the fear of failure, the fear of success, or some other unidentified fear of (UFO) that prevented me from writing on my business blog.  I just know that I have played avoidance with it for too long.

I have finished reading The Elements of Style, by E. B. White and William Strunk Jr., and I am well into Stephen King'sOn Writing: A Memoir of the Craft.  As of today I have seven of the blogs completed in the #10DBC. This blog post is in response to Natalie’s 10 Day Freedom Plan Blog Challenge Day 7.  Natalie has issued a challenge to go forth and take imperfect action.

My imperfect action will be to write, edit, and post one business blog per month for the next six months on Teneo Consulting Inc.  Thanks for the challenge Natalie; the idea of imperfect action resonated with me.

Comments

  1. Good decision, Joy, and I will be happy to see the result. Small steps is a great beginning.
    "Go forth and take imperfect action..." Hmm. I think that is what I am doing all the time. Every time I start an art piece I am sure it is not going to be a success, but I will try and it will be something I can learn from. Sometimes they turn out much better than I expected, but sometimes not, and I learn.
    In the context, however, of my calling/goals, I probably should make a commitment to try something new that may or may not further the work. More stuff to think about.
    Yesterday I started answering the challenge, then found that my sentences suddenly disappeared. A computer glitch. I gave up. Holidays are too short to put up with that frustration. What I meant to say was that inspirations change depending on where you are at. I find that whenever I need to be challenged, someone or some author appears on the horizon to speak into my life. The trick is to be ready to receive, and to recognize what is good for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have you read Stephen King's book On Writing? If not, I recommend it as you will have some good belly laughs and find company with another writer. The downside is the book has made me far more self conscious of the technical errors in my writing. Oh well....

      Delete

Post a Comment